lead, manage and develop self and others
Record Keeping Essentials
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Mrs Raewyn Peeti
Presenter: Mr Patrick Carswell
Previous course title: Records and Archives - What You Need to Know.
Effective recordkeeping is a legislative requirement for all staff and business units that are part of a public authority such as the University. This course is designed to introduce staff to recordkeeping practices and requirements at the University and explain how organisational unit recordkeeping fits into University Policy and Procedures.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Understand the importance of recordkeeping and your key recordkeeping responsibilities
2. How to identify a public record (including emails and other digital records) and understand when a record should be created, how it should be kept and when it should be destroyed (including emails and other digital records)
3. Understand access and security issues relating to public records
4. To understand what constitutes a reliable and compliant recordkeeping system in your business unit, and
5. Understand how good recordkeeping practises are implemented at the University and whom to contact for advice.