teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Setting Up for a Successful Online Semester
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
|10/12/2020||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Venue to be Advised||0 of 25||Register|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Yvette Lynch
Presenter: Ms Karen Sheppard
Ensure your semester is successful by setting up a few key items for effective course management.
This workshop is aimed at those new to teaching at UQ and is held before ECPs are due. It will cover tips and tricks for how to best use your Electronic Course Profile (ECP) and Learn.UQ site to minimise hassle as well as examples of implementing a communication strategy and managing student expectations.
This will be useful for coordinators, lecturers, tutors or anyone who is involved in course management.
This course will enable participants to:
- Effectively use the Electronic Course Profile (ECP)
- Develop strategies to minimise hassle in a Blackboard course site
- Implement a communication strategy
- Manage student expectations.
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support workshops. These resources offer on-line self-paced learning for those who cannot attend face-to-face sessions.
The resources are available via a Blackboard course. To access:
1. Open this hyperlink or copy and paste http://bit.ly/italiprolearning into your browser
2. Step 1 (above) will automatically redirect you to Blackboard. To complete the Blackboard course self-enrolment, select ‘submit’ (located on the bottom right of the page)
3. You will be advised that your self enrolment is a success. To access the course materials, click ‘OK’ (bottom right of the page)
4. The Professional Learning at UQ Blackboard course that you selected, will now open within Blackboard
5. You can access this Professional Learning Blackboard course at any time in the future via your UQ Blackboard Home Page | My Courses | Training Courses.
NOTE: MAY 28 course will be delivered via Zoom. The link will be emailed to those registered to attend, the day prior.