teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Peer Observation of Teaching
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
|22/04/2021||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Venue to be Advised||7 of 25||Register|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Yvette Lynch
Presenter: Ms Karen Sheppard
Peer observation of teaching is about observing learning as it happens. At UQ teachers invite peers into their classes to observe what their students are doing, then reflect and meet to discuss ways to enhance teaching and learning.
This workshop supports staff who want to engage with the peer observation of teaching.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Review the principles of peer observation of teaching
2. Identify the support for Peer Observation of Teaching at UQ
3. Explore ways to gather evidence of teaching effectiveness through peer observation
4. Step through the process of peer observation of teaching.
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support workshops. These resources offer on-line self-paced learning for those who cannot attend face-to-face sessions.
The resources are available via a Blackboard course. To access:
1. Open this hyperlink or copy and paste http://bit.ly/italiprolearning into your browser
2. Step 1 (above) will automatically redirect you to Blackboard. To complete the Blackboard course self-enrolment, select ‘submit’ (located on the bottom right of the page)
3. You will be advised that your self-enrolment is a success. To access the course materials, click ‘OK’ (bottom right of the page)
4. The Professional Learning at UQ Blackboard course that you selected, will now open within Blackboard
5. You can access this Professional Learning Blackboard course at any time in the future via your UQ Blackboard Home Page | My Courses | Training Courses.
Courses running via Zoom: the course coordinator listed against this course will email the Zoom link a day or two prior to course commencement.