teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Managing Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Activities
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Dr Deanne Gannaway
Presenter: Ms Anna Richards
Work Integrated Learning (WIL) is used to describe learning activities that integrate practical with theoretical learning in the workplace. They typically take the form of placements, practicum, internship and work experience or field studies.
This workshop is designed to support those who are considering implementing WIL into their courses or for those who are in the early stages of implementation.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the types and nature of possible WIL activities
- Investigate strategies for designing WIL opportunities into UQ courses
- Develop effective internal procedures for managing WIL effectively
- Identify and use tools to supervise and assess students
- Engage with models of good practice evident at UQ.
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support our workshops. These resources are self-paced and have been designed to encourage participant learning, and provide opportunities for further development in the workshop topic.
To access the Professional Learning site, simply: