lead, manage and develop self and others
Recruitment and Selection
Duration: 3.5 hours
Coordinator: Ms Rebecca Dorman
Presenter: Mr Alexander Jackson
This workshop will introduce supervisors to the basic principles of staff selection established by legislation and University Policy and Guidelines. Participants will understand the University's Recruitment and Selection process and will learn how to establish selection criteria for job advertisement and participate in a selection committee.
Priority will be given to Professional Staff supervisors, HEW 5 and above.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Be familiar with the University's recruitment and Selection process including developing
a position description
2. Understand the process for gaining approval to fill a position, including the job classification
3. Understand the requirements for advertising a position and dealing with applicants
4. Shortlist a position and participate as a member of a selection committee
5. Understand the need for and how to conduct reference checks.