Compassion Fatigue in Animal-Related Occupations
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 4 hours
Coordinator: Dr Rebekah Scotney
Presenter: Dr Rebekah Scotney
This course is designed for employees working in any animal-related occupation and aims to provide awareness and education about compassion fatigue and the unique stressors associated with working with animals. It will provide information and tools to help guard against compassion fatigue.
This course will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of compassion fatigue
- Recognise the risk factors which may contribute to the development of compassion fatigue within an individual's workplace
- Recognise warning signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue
- Develop effective self-care strategies for work and home
- Engage in preventative strategies within the workplace and at home.
This course is for non-supervisory staff only - for supervisors/managers please enrol in "Supervisory Skills in Animal-Related Occupations"