lead, manage and develop self and others
Discrimination&Harassment Contact Officer Training
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 8 hours
Coordinator: Miss Jordan Tredinnick
Presenter: Dr Dee Gibbon
This workshop is for staff who are interested in becoming a Discrimination and Harassment Contact Officer.
This course runs over 2 non-consecutive half days - 8 and 9 June 2017 from 9.00am to 1.00pm or 1 and 8 September 2017 from 9.00am to 1.00pm.
UQ is committed to developing an environment that ensures staff, students and visitors are not subjected to behaviours, practices or processes that may constitute discrimination, harassment, vilification, victimisation and bullying. Discrimination and Harassment Contact Officers (DHCOs) are often the first point of contact for staff and students with queries related to these issues, a role which has been established by the Discrimination and Harassment policy. DHCOs also undertake awareness raising initiatives in their local organisational unit. Staff who have an understanding of and commitment to social justice principles and have a high level of discretion are invited to apply.
Pre-requisite: Prior to undertaking training, participants must: (1) obtain supervisor's support; (2) complete EO Online (Modules 1 & 2) and (3) familiarise themselves with relevant University policies.
This course will enable participants to:
1. gain an overview of the legislative and policy environment in which The University of Queensland operates
2. understand the role of the Discrimination and Harassment Contact Officer (DHCO)
3. develop a basic understanding of the University's grievance resolution procedures and options available for staff and students seeking resolution of issues related to harassment and discrimination
4. understand appropriate referrals (e.g., staff and student counselling)
5. practice the role as a DHCO.