UQ Ally Workshop
Duration: 6 hours
Coordinator: Miss Caitlin Bennett
The UQ Ally Network is an award winning program that provides a visible network of well-informed staff who create a safe, welcoming and inclusive space for LGBTIAQ+ people at UQ and the broader community. To become a member of the UQ Ally Network staff must successfully complete this UQ Ally Workshop. At the end of the program, participants will have an understanding of:
1. gender, sex and sexuality diversity;
2. the challenges and issues the LGBTIAQ+ community may face;
3. the legislative and policy context for LGBTIAQ+ inclusion at UQ;
4. the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive environment at the University; and
5. how to develop and maintain a diverse and inclusive work and study environment at UQ,
including developing skills and knowledge to be good UQ Allies.
Courses running via Zoom: the course coordinator listed against this course will email the Zoom link a day or two prior to course commencement.