lead, manage and develop self and others
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
|11/10/2017||9:30 AM - 3:30 PM||Learn Innov Bldg#17,Rm202||25 of 25||Waiting List|
Duration: 5 hours
Coordinator: Miss Jordan Tredinnick
Presenter: Miss Jordan Tredinnick
The UQ Ally Program was established to promote inclusion for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer/questioning (LGBTIQ) students and staff through awareness-raising.
At the end of the program, participants will have a basic understanding of the challenges and issues the LGBTIQ community may face, the importance and value of a diverse and inclusive environment at the University, and inclusive language, skills and resources that will assist them in their role as an official UQ Ally.
Allies help provide a safe, welcoming and confidential environment for those seeking support or information. UQ Allies, however, do not provide "expert" advice or counselling.
This course will enable participants to:
1. gain a deeper understanding of the issues experienced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer/questioning students and staff
2. gain information about sexuality and gender diverse community resources
3. be familiar with the legislative and policy environment in which The University of Queensland operates
4. gain an understanding of how this initiative supports the University's commitment to developing an environment free of harassment and discrimination
5. become involved in initiatives that promote an inclusive and supportive environment for LGBTIQ staff and students at the University.