teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Criterion referenced assessment
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 3 hours
Presenter: Dr Clair Hughes
Though criterion referenced assessment has been policy at the University of Queensland for some time, effective implementation can still pose significant challenges. After considering the rationale for criterion referenced assessment this course addresses key implementation requirements including the framing of criteria and standards to serve as the basis for assessment judgements and the combination of outcomes from several tasks to determine the course grade. Participants are invited to bring course materials to work on during the session.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Clarify their understanding of criterion referenced assessment and UQ policy requirements regarding its application
2. Identify the issues related to the development and use of criteria and standards
3. Become familiar with guidelines and helpful resources for writing criteria and standards
4. Practise writing criteria and standards suited to their own assessment tasks and contexts.
5. Adopt an appropriate approach to combining the outcomes of several tasks to determine a course grade.