Orientation for all Academics new to UQ
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2.5 hours
Coordinator: Miss Monika Andersen
Presenter: Mr Declan Hughes
This orientation session is for academics new to UQ. It provides essential information about the environment at UQ, and your role as an academic.
The session complements induction activities that take place formally and informally across the University (i.e. New Staff Expo) at the organisational unit level.
This course aims to enable participants to:
• understand The University of Queensland as an organisation, and their role as academics within it
• understand academic career development and progression processes at UQ
• become familiar with the tools and systems which exist to support them to grow, excel and succeed
• meet and hear from units available to assist them in their teaching, research and development, and
• begin to develop a network of colleagues from across the university.
In addition to this session, the Academic Orientation Blackboard site contains resources such as short, five minute videos from Senior UQ Staff with key information, resources to support your orientation and professional development planning, and additional information about Teaching and Learning, Research, and Engagement at UQ.
Click through to the Academic Orientation Blackboard site. You will be taken to the Learn.UQ login page. Login using your UQ Username and Password and you should be taken directly to the Academic Orientation website.
Courses running via Zoom: the course coordinator listed against this course will email you the Zoom link and any further details directly to you a day or two prior to course commencement.