achieve your goals in research and research training
Responsible Conduct of Research at UQ
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Dr Karen Olave Encina
Presenter: Dr Louise Hutley
The UQ Research Integrity Training Course for staff will cover the principles of the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (the Code) as well as providing an understanding of the UQ Policies and Procedures which support responsible research practices. This information will help researchers to:
1. Gain a full understanding of their own responsibilities regarding how they conduct their research;
2. Will help them to promote and foster an environment of responsible conduct of research at UQ; and
3. Will provide researchers with knowledge of resources to which they can turn if they have any queries regarding research integrity.
As well as the above, the course also incorporates practical advice on complex research-related issues through interactive sessions covering various case scenarios. These feature a number of common issues which researchers may find they need to navigate in the conduct of their own research (including issues around authorship, data management, conflicts of interest etc.)
This course will enable participants to:
1. Familiarise themselves with the requirements to undertake responsible conduct of research.
2. Learn about the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, principles and responsibilities.
3. Build an understanding of the common issues they may face in relation to research integrity.