achieve your goals in research and research training
Essential Knowledge for Research Management
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 4 hours
Coordinator: Mrs Madelyn Gilligan
Presenter: Miss Nicole Thompson
The Essential Knowledge for Research Management (EKRM) Seminar and associated demonstrations has been designed to familiarise staff new to the University with the many services available to support UQ research, spanning research grant-getting and management; consulting and research partnerships; research compliance; conduct of research; research data management; metrics; research project accounts; research infrastructure; and research training, among others.
EKRM would be of particular benefit to new Academic, Research, Clinical and Professional staff involved in research or research management at UQ.
This seminar will enable participants to:
1. Gain an overview of key research support services available at UQ, and who to contact for advice
2. Gain information on how to access research funding opportunities and information resources, and how UQ Research and Innovation can assist
3. Gain insights into consultancy and research partnerships, including research contracts and IP considerations
4. Gain insights into ethics and compliance processes, and the conduct of research
5. Overview research project accounts at UQ, including MyBalance
6. Understand the role of the UQ Graduate School, and support services for research training
7. Learn what services the UQ Library provides in support of your research