achieve your goals in research and research training
Essential Knowledge for Research Management
Duration: 4 hours
Coordinator: Ms Paulette Schmidt
Presenter: Miss Nicole Thompson
This seminar has been designed to familiarise staff with the many functions of UQ Research and Innovation (UQR&I) including the Office of Sponsored Research, Office of Research Ethics and Research Partnerships Office, and the UQ Graduate School. The seminar will also feature Contract and Grants Accounting (CGA), Research Legal and the UQ Library, providing information on the services available to researchers and administrative staff working in the research environment.
The course would be of particular benefit to new Academic, Research, Clinical and Professional staff involved in research or research management.
Topics covered will include: Funding opportunities and resources; Research Grants - Services; Information Management; Metrics and Data Management; Research Accounting; IP Management; Research Partnerships Managers' role; Export Controls; Research Ethics (Animal and Human); Research Integrity; Biosafety; and Graduate School - Services and training opportunities.
This seminar will enable participants to:
1. Gain information on how to access research funding opportunities and information
resources, and how UQ Research and Innovation can assist
2. Gain an insight into research contracts and IP management
3. Learn about the role of the Research Partnerships Managers (RPMs) and how they facilitate
researchers' engagement with industry
4. Gain a basic understanding of ethical review and compliance processes, and research
5. Understand the role of Contract and Grants Accounting, including who to contact for advice
6. Learn what services the UQ Library provides in support of your research.