achieve your goals in research and research training
Research Integrity in HDR Training for Advisors
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
|24/05/2018||2:00 PM - 4:00 PM||Learn Innov Bldg#17,Rm202||0 of 25||Register|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Mrs Jennifer Boreland
Presenter: Dr Marc Kamke
This workshop is designed to guide advisors through the research integrity framework within which they will operate at UQ. It will explain the basis of research conduct policies, the principal policies, the main obligations for advisors and students and the key sources of support and guidance that are available. The session will use research integrity scenarios or case-studies to address issues such as authorship, plagiarism and data management.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Understand the principles behind UQ research integrity policies;
2. Understand their responsibilities as HDR advisors under the research integrity policies
and the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research;
3. Develop strategies for meeting their obligations;
4. Identify, reflect upon and learn from research integrity issues that sometimes arise;
5. Identify key sources of support and guidance for RHD students and advisors at UQ.
This session builds on the Understanding Responsible Conduct of Research session and focuses on responsibilities of those advising HDR candidates.