achieve your goals in research and research training
Research Advisor Masterclass for HDR Advisors
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Dr Myra Lee
This session, facilitated by Hugh Kearns from iThinkwell, will look at how to help both the advisor and the student get the most out of the post-graduate research experience.
It draws on the facilitator's experience of working with thousands of research students and research advisors across the world and there is also the opportunity for advisors to share their experiences of what works and what doesn't.
The Masterclass will cover issues such as:
1. Dealing with different types of students;
2. Getting students to write;
3. Getting students to show you their writing;
4. Giving constructive feedback;
5. Students who write too much;
6. Students for whom English is not their first language;
7. Motivating stalled students; and
8. Problem situations.