ohs & sustainability
manage the risks and responsibilities of working in the UQ environment
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 5 hours
Coordinator: Mrs Suzette Dwyer
Presenter: Mr Rob Alcock
Tube Fittings Installation Essentials.
Our Tube Fitting Installation Essentials course teaches students foundational tube fitting knowledge that minimizes risk of leakage and ensures system integrity. Students learn how to properly select, cut and deburr tubing, correctly assemble a Swagelok® tube fitting, and gauge a tube fitting assembly.
This course will enable participants to:
Tube Fittings Installation Essentials
1. Ensuring correct tube selection taking into account pressure and temperature variables
2. Proper tube preparation eliminating system contamination
3. Understand best practice tube preparation, care and handling
4. Ability to install tube fittings correctly providing safe, leak free installation
5. Knowledge of different types of threads and various thread sealing methods