ohs & sustainability
manage the risks and responsibilities of working in the UQ environment
Managing Noise in the Workplace
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Mrs Kylie Middleton
Presenter: Mr Terry Johnsen
This course outlines the recommended processes for managing the risks associated with workplace noise.
The course will enable participants to:
1. Learn about workplace noise assessment
2. Understand how we hear and what noise weighting scales represent
3. Understand about hearing loss progression and the symptoms of permanent auditory damage
4. Develop practical measures to control excessive noise in the workplace in accordance with the UQ Hearing Conservation Program and current legislative requirements
5. Learn about selecting and maintaining appropriate and effective hearing protection.