ohs & sustainability
manage the risks and responsibilities of working in the UQ environment
OHS for Supervisors & Managers
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 3 hours
Coordinator: Mrs Kylie Middleton
Presenter: Mrs Fiona Coulthard
This course is mandatory for Supervisors and Managers (including both Professional Staff and Academic Staff) who supervise and/or manage staff and/or students. This course is applicable for HEW 8 and below Professional Staff Supervisors and Managers (and equivalent level Academic Staff). Note: Senior Managers (e.g. HEW 9 and 10 and above) should refer to the OHS for Senior Managers training course.
The aim of this course is to provide supervisors and managers with the tools necessary to meet their OHS obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act, and the UQ PPL 2.10.04 Staff Responsibilities for Occupational Health and Safety.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Undertake effective Occupational Health and Safety measures to ensure
compliance with the Work Health and Safety Act and related legislative requirements
2. Understand the impact of incidents on themselves, their research and the University
3. Manage Occupational Health and Safety in their local areas, by implementing the
principles of Risk Management, supervision and training
4. Understand the principles of Risk Management and how to perform risk assessments
5. Understand the University safety network and how it can be used for the communication
of safety issues.