ohs & sustainability
manage the risks and responsibilities of working in the UQ environment
Working with Quarantine Material
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2.5 hours
Coordinator: Mrs Kylie Middleton
Presenter: Mr Kerrin Henderson
If you work or supervise people who work with quarantined material (ie material which remains 'under quarantine', within a Quarantine Approved Premise (QAP) after importation into Australia) you must adhere to strict mandatory containment, documentation and behavioural requirements regulated and regularly audited under DAgWRB (Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Biosecurity) Federal law. Importation of quarantine materials and maintaining QAP's is expensive as DAgWRB is a full cost recovery organisation, there are also substantial penalties associated with non-compliances. This course explains these requirements and the unique UQ system of management for working with Quarantined material within Quarantine Approved Premises to reduce the risk of non-compliance and prosecution while enabling research.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Conduct research with imported quarantined materials within Australia
2. Be aware of legal obligations relating to Quarantined material and Quarantine Approved Premises
3. Use the UQ management system of the "Yellow Folder"
4. Be prepared for regular DAgWRB audits of QAP's and records
5. Improve import permit applications.