lead, manage and develop self and others
Fraud & Corruption Awareness - online module
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 0.5 hours
Coordinator: Mr Brad Rees
This online module is mandatory for all staff. New staff must complete within three months of commencement.
Fraud and corruption can occur at any workplace and is not just about staff running off with millions of dollars. This course will introduce you to what fraud and corruption looks like, what types of fraud and corruption can occur at UQ and equip you with skills to manage or respond to these situations.
This training will provide you with examples of typical situations in a university context for you to make decisions about and will describe the red flags which are often present in these cases. Also included are real life situations in universities and the public sector where fraud or corruption has occurred and been reported in the media.
Access the module:
1. Log onto Blackboard at the following URL link https://learn.uq.edu.au/.
2. Under Training Courses - select UQ Workplace Inductions and OHS Training -
select **Learning Modules** from the left hand panel - scroll down to Fraud
and Corruption Awareness - Training Module.
3. You do not have to complete the module in a single sitting.
4. On completion of the module content, complete the multiple choice assessment.
This can be found in the **Assessments** on the left hand panel. The assessment
is titled Fraud and Corruption test.
5. On successful completion with a grade of at least 80% a record will be generated of
your result and will be recorded in Aurion.
This course will enable participants to:
• Understand the importance of enforcing controls and being diligent with approver
• Identify situations where fraud or corruption may occur
• Identify employees at risk of committing fraud or corruption
• Respond appropriately if fraud or corruption is witnessed or uncovered.
If you have any queries regarding this online training please contact Brad Rees, Integrity and Investigations Unit on 336 52927 or email: email@example.com.