finance, IT & administration
build skills to work with software, systems and procedures
Course 3: Business Objects 4.2 Query Building
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 3 hours
Coordinator: Mr John O'Brien
Presenter: Mr David Holmes
This advanced course develops query building skills using the functionality available in BusinessObjects Design Mode. The exercises focus on developing skills in the query panel to build bespoke, and/or customise existing Web Intelligence documents.
This course necessitates Create access and is suited to experienced BusinessObjects users.
Participants will learn to:
1. Use the query panel (to edit existing reports and to create new reports)
2. Identify and select suitable universes and objects
3. Change the data source using the Change Source Wizard
4. Build single, multiple and sub queries
5. Link data in a report
Prerequisites: - UQ Reportal 'create' access
- Completion of 'Course 1: BusinessObjects 4.2 Fundamentals'
- Recommended completion of 'Course 2: BusinessObjects 4.2 Advanced Report Design'
About the UQ Reportal and BusinessObjects:
The UQ Reportal allows staff to view existing standard reports in a web-based format. BusinessObjects is a business intelligence tool that enables staff to retrieve, analyse and report data from UQ's corporate systems (e.g. SI-Net, Aurion, UniFi, Research Master).