finance, IT & administration
build skills to work with software, systems and procedures
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Ailsa Dickie
Presenter: Miss Iliria Myrteza
In this course, participants will be guided through the process of creating a TurnItIn assignment, the student assignment submission process and setting up rubrics. Marking assignments online using the GradeMark tool on a computer and offline using the iPad GradeMark app will also be covered.
Participants will develop an understanding of the text matching (plagiarism detection) function available in TurnItIn, how it can be used as both a formative and summative tool and the basics of interpreting Originality reports.
Note, the Learn.UQ Assignment tool should be considered for the submission of group assignments.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Create an online assignment using TurnItIn;
2. Understand the contents of Originality reports;
3. Create rubrics in TurnItIn;
4. Use TurnItIn for online/offline marking;
5. Understand how Turnitin links to the Grade Centre.