teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
The Teaching@UQ Program
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
|6/07/2020||9:00 AM - 1:00 PM||Multiple Locations||14 of 50||Register|
Duration: 16 hours
Coordinator: Ms Yvette Lynch
Presenter: Mr Dominic Mcgrath
The Teaching@UQ Program runs over four non-consecutive days (four x four hour sessions) and includes a range of activities outside these face-to-face workshops.
The Teaching@UQ Program prepares academic staff new to UQ for teaching and learning.
The program is grounded in good practices that define effective learning environments whilst being contextualised within faculties to ensure relevance and implemented to foster social teaching networks amongst new academics. Teaching@UQ is an important component of induction and staff development - the gateway to teaching professionalism, innovation and excellence at UQ.
Teaching@UQ is designed by academics for academics with facilitators from several faculties teaching in partnership with colleagues from the UQ's Institute for Teaching & Learning Innovation (ITaLI).
The Program is structured around four face-to-face non-consecutive sessions spread across the semester, each four hours in length including lunch. An online learning environment hosted in the University's learning management system, Blackboard, supports face-to-face sessions. This models UQ's blended learning approach.
The program is supplemented with specialised workshops and a peer observation process providing personalised feedback to all participants.
This program is designed for academic staff new to UQ and is designed to support such academics as they are teaching across the semester, across four face-to-face workshops supported by additional activities. This program is not designed for RHD students or tutors.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Explore professional expectations for teaching at UQ
2. Engage in effective course and assessment design practices to enhance student learning
3. Connect with a network of teaching colleagues to support ongoing professional practices.
This course is facilitated by staff from across UQ including: Professor Julie Duck, Professor Peter Adams, Associate Professor Kelly Matthews, Professor Lydia Kavanagh, Associate Professor Gwen Lawrie, Dom McGrath.
The first iteration will run on the following dates and times:
• Session #1 – 11 February 2020 – 12:30pm to 4:30pm (LIB#17, Seminar room 202)
• Session #2 – 12 February 2020 – 9:00am to 1:00pm(LIB#17, Seminar room 202)
• Session #3 – 9 April 2020 – 9:00am – 1:00pm (Venue TBA)
• Session #4 – 26 May 2020 – 9:00am – 1:00pm (Venue TBA)
The second iteration will run on the following dates and times:
• Session #1 – 6 July 2020 – 9:00am to 1:00pm (Venue TBA)
• Session #2 – 8 July 2019 – 9:00am to 1:00pm (Venue TBA)
• Session #3 – 30 September 2020 – 9:00am – 1:00pm (Venue TBA)
• Session #4 – 4 November 2020 – 9:00am – 1:00pm (Venue TBA)
More information about the program is available at: https://itali.uq.edu.au/professional-learning/new-teachers-and-tutors/teaching-at-uq
Contact Dominic McGrath on email@example.com with questions about the Teaching@UQ program.