teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Small Group Teaching
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Yvette Lynch
Presenter: Mr Peter Rutherford
Small group teaching spans from small group activities within a lecture/ practical/ tutorial to a course designed for group work and group assessment.
This workshop will discuss examples of pair and group activities that can be used to increase activity and student interaction as well as implementing formative and summative group assessment.
This course will enable participants to:
- Develop group activities to increase activity and student interaction
- Identify the strengths and limitations of group tasks for both formative and summative
- Identify ways in which students can be supported in developing group skills and working
effectively as a group
- Discuss planning considerations when introducing self and peer assessment.
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support workshops. These resources offer on-line self-paced learning for those who cannot attend face-to-face sessions.
The resources are available via a Blackboard course. To access:
1. Open this hyperlink or copy and paste http://bit.ly/italiprolearning into your browser
2. Step 1 (above) will automatically redirect you to Blackboard. To complete the Blackboard course self enrolment, select ‘submit’ (located on the bottom right of the page)
3. You will be advised that your self enrolment is a success. To access the course materials, click ‘OK’ (bottom right of the page)
4. The Professional Learning at UQ Blackboard course that you selected, will now open within Blackboard
5. You can access this Professional Learning Blackboard course at any time in the future via your UQ Blackboard Home Page | My Courses | Training Courses.
Courses running via Zoom: the course coordinator listed against this course will email the Zoom link a day or two prior to course commencement.