teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Implement Assessment Marking,Moderation & Feedback
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Course enrolments are currently disabled while we transition from Aurion to Workday. Following Workday go-live on 4 October 2021, all staff development courses and learning content will be accessed via the ‘Learning’ worklet in Workday. Information on how to navigate to Workday Learning will be available soon.
If you wish to attend a currently scheduled iteration of this course, please contact the course coordinator listed to request enrolment.
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Yvette Lynch
Presenter: Mr Dom McGrath
Assessment is the one unavoidable part of a student's experience at UQ. This workshop focuses on the assessment practices (marking, moderation and feedback) undertaken during the semester once a course's assessment is set in the electronic course profile (ECP).
This course will enable participants to:
1. Enact assessment tasks so all stakeholders have a shared understanding of the task
criteria and standards expected.
2. Appreciate the value of calibrating judgement across markers to align with standards for
consistent and fair assessment.
3. Create and practice giving feedback that helps students use in future learning opportunities.
4. Judge work with agreed criteria and standards and generate final marks and grades.
5. Encourage student integrity in assessment but recognise ways that students may act
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support workshops. These resources offer on-line self-paced learning for those who cannot attend face-to-face sessions.
The resources are available via a Blackboard course. To access:
1. Open this hyperlink or copy and paste http://bit.ly/italiprolearning into your browser.
2. Step 1 (above) will automatically redirect you to Blackboard. To complete the Blackboard course self-enrolment, select ‘submit’ (located on the bottom right of the page)
3. You will be advised that your self-enrolment is a success. To access the course materials, click ‘OK’ (bottom right of the page)
4. The Professional Learning at UQ Blackboard course that you selected, will now open within Blackboard.
You can access this Professional Learning Blackboard course at any time in the future via your UQ Blackboard Home Page | My Courses | Training Courses.
Courses running via Zoom: the course coordinator listed against this course will email the Zoom link a day or two prior to course commencement.