teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Embedding Employability Development
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Anna Richards
Presenter: Ms Anna Richards
This workshop will help you develop an understanding of employability as a learning process, and will assist you to develop strategies for embedding employability development, and for supporting reflective practices in students' approaches to learning in both curricular and extra-curricular activities.
As employability is now a critical part of UQ's new student strategy, staff across the university play an important role in supporting student employability development.
The course will be facilitated by Anna Richards who worked on UQ's employability project and the UQx Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), EMPLOY101x Unlocking your employability.
This course will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of employability and UQ's approach to student
- Recognise opportunities for student employability development within and outside of
- Develop strategies for embedding employability into curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Apply self-reflective processes to experiences and activities and consider ways to use these
processes to support students' reflective practices for employability.
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support workshops. These resources offer on-line self-paced learning for those who cannot attend face-to-face sessions.
The resources are available via a Blackboard course. To access:
1. Open this hyperlink or copy and paste http://bit.ly/italiprolearning into your browser
2. Step 1 (above) will automatically redirect you to Blackboard. To complete the Blackboard course self enrolment, select ‘submit’ (located on the bottom right of the page)
3. You will be advised that your self enrolment is a success. To access the course materials, click ‘OK’ (bottom right of the page)
4. The Professional Learning at UQ Blackboard course that you selected, will now open within Blackboard
5. You can access this Professional Learning Blackboard course at any time in the future via your UQ Blackboard Home Page | My Courses | Training Courses.