teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Course enrolments are currently disabled while we transition from Aurion to Workday. Following Workday go-live on 4 October 2021, all staff development courses and learning content will be accessed via the ‘Learning’ worklet in Workday. Information on how to navigate to Workday Learning will be available soon.
If you wish to attend a currently scheduled iteration of this course, please contact the course coordinator listed to request enrolment.
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Yvette Lynch
Presenter: Dr Christine Slade
The course will explore fundamental concepts influencing assessment practice including purposes of assessment, the ideas of constructive alignment (of learning outcomes, learning opportunities and assessment) and possible roles for students in assessment.
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss examples of good practice and to practice assessment design.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Explore task design that is underpinned by UQ's principles for assessment
2. Determine how to collaboratively design and develop quality assessment tasks through engagement with colleagues
3. Recognise opportunities to embed constructive feedback into assessment design
4. Value the role of criteria and standards in assessment that makes sense to you, your school and your students
5. Adopt practices for quality assessment that assures students are genuinely completing their own tasks.
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support workshops. These resources offer on-line self-paced learning for those who cannot attend face-to-face sessions.
The resources are available via a Blackboard course. To access:
1. Open this hyperlink or copy and paste http://bit.ly/italiprolearning into your browser.
2. Step 1 (above) will automatically redirect you to Blackboard. To complete the Blackboard course self-enrolment, select ‘submit’ (located on the bottom right of the page)
3. You will be advised that your self-enrolment is a success. To access the course materials, click ‘OK’ (bottom right of the page)
4. The Professional Learning at UQ Blackboard course that you selected, will now open within Blackboard.
You can access this Professional Learning Blackboard course at any time in the future via your UQ Blackboard Home Page | My Courses | Training Courses.
Courses running via Zoom: the course coordinator listed against this course will email the Zoom link a day or two prior to course commencement.