teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Introduction to Curriculum Design
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Course enrolments are currently disabled while we transition from Aurion to Workday. Following Workday go-live on 4 October 2021, all staff development courses and learning content will be accessed via the ‘Learning’ worklet in Workday. Information on how to navigate to Workday Learning will be available soon.
If you wish to attend a currently scheduled iteration of this course, please contact the course coordinator listed to request enrolment.
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Yvette Lynch
Presenter: Associate Professor Jason Lodge
This workshop is designed for curriculum leaders and course and program coordinators. It focuses on the fundamentals of course design, from developing learning outcomes to understanding the concepts and principles of good curriculum design.
Participants will access, evaluate and share resources on curriculum design.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Become familiar with UQ policies and guidelines for effective course and program design
2. Become familiar with developing learning objectives
3. Identify effective teaching, learning and assessment activities to achieve intended
4. Design and map a course to constructively align their course with a graduate profile
5. Consider ways to manage curriculum integrity and quality.
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support workshops. These resources offer on-line self-paced learning for those who cannot attend face-to-face sessions.
The resources are available via a Blackboard course. To access:
1. Open this hyperlink or copy and paste http://bit.ly/italiprolearning into your browser
2. Step 1 (above) will automatically redirect you to Blackboard. To complete the Blackboard course self-enrolment, select ‘submit’ (located on the bottom right of the page)
3. You will be advised that your self-enrolment is a success. To access the course materials, click ‘OK’ (bottom right of the page)
4. The Professional Learning at UQ Blackboard course that you selected, will now open within Blackboard.
You can access this Professional Learning Blackboard course at any time in the future via your UQ Blackboard Home Page | My Courses | Training Courses.
Courses running via Zoom: the course coordinator listed against this course will email the Zoom link a day or two prior to course commencement.