teaching, learning & assessment
enhance student engagement and learning
Coordinating Courses at UQ
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
Course enrolments are currently disabled while we transition from Aurion to Workday. Following Workday go-live on 4 October 2021, all staff development courses and learning content will be accessed via the ‘Learning’ worklet in Workday. Information on how to navigate to Workday Learning will be available soon.
If you wish to attend a currently scheduled iteration of this course, please contact the course coordinator listed to request enrolment.
Duration: 2 hours
Coordinator: Ms Yvette Lynch
Presenter: Dr Hassan Khosravi
Coordinating a course combines a multitude of skills in teaching, leadership and research.
This workshop will assist you in fulfilling your responsibilities as a course coordinator. It includes input from seasoned course coordinators.
This workshop is aimed at experienced academics with some degree of responsibility for managing large teaching teams or large classes or core units in programs.
This course will enable participants to:
1. Become familiar with UQ policies and guidelines for effective course coordination
2. Explore and discuss issues and influences related to course coordination
3. Become familiar with strategies to manage teaching teams
4. Consider ways of supporting course teachers in provision of feedback and consistency of
assessment judgements (moderation)
5. Consider ways to manage curriculum integrity and quality.
As part of Professional Learning at UQ, ITaLI have developed additional resources to support workshops. These resources offer on-line self-paced learning for those who cannot attend face-to-face sessions.
The resources are available via a Blackboard course. To access:
1. Open this hyperlink or copy and paste http://bit.ly/italiprolearning into your browser.
2. Step 1 (above) will automatically redirect you to Blackboard. To complete the Blackboard course self-enrolment, select ‘submit’ (located on the bottom right of the page)
3. You will be advised that your self-enrolment is a success. To access the course materials, click ‘OK’ (bottom right of the page)
4. The Professional Learning at UQ Blackboard course that you selected, will now open within Blackboard.
You can access this Professional Learning Blackboard course at any time in the future via your UQ Blackboard Home Page | My Courses | Training Courses.
Courses running via Zoom: the course coordinator listed against this course will email the Zoom link a day or two prior to course commencement.