lead, manage and develop self and others
Leading & Managing Self & others-Academic & HEW8+
|Start Date||Start - End Time||Venue||Places Taken|
|4/07/2018||9:00 AM - 4:30 PM||International Hse,Rock St||18 of 20||Register|
Duration: 19.5 hours
Coordinator: Ms Jennifer Witheriff
Presenter: Mr Jon Morgan
This course is designed for Academic and Professional staff undertaking team leadership activities. Effective leaders foster an environment where people can give their best, continue to grow, develop in their careers and make a positive contribution to the University.
This course will give you the opportunity to focus on and enhance your leadership capabilities whilst connecting with others to share effective strategies.
This course runs over 3 non-consecutive full days. You must attend all 3 days. Application for this program is by Expression of Interest (EOI). Full course details are included on the registration (EOI) form. Please click on the 'register' button to access the EOI and follow the instructions on the form.
Two course iterations will be run in 2018.
Program 1 - applications closed - scheduled to commence 8 March 2018
Program 2 dates:
Day 1/3 - 4 July 18 - 9am to 4.30pm - International House Seminar room
Day 2/3 - 8 Aug 18 - 9am to 4.30pm - International House Seminar room
Day 3/3 - 22 Aug 18 - 9am to 4.30pm - International House Seminar room
You must commit to attending all three sessions. Application for this program is by Expression of Interest (EOI).
Please click on the 'register' button to access the EOI and follow the instructions on the form. This course will enable participants to:
1. Increase self-awareness of how you demonstrate your leadership capabilities and how to
use them more effectively with your team
2. Create a culture of high performance in your team which motivates and inspires and is open
to shared feedback
3. Increase your awareness of emotions and the impact they have on self and others
4. Build strategic relationships using influencing and communication skills
5. Provide support and appropriate guidance when experiencing change
6. Create goals and an action plan for your personal and professional development.